- London events
- > London outdoor events
The two most beautiful parks in London are St. James’s Park and Regent’s Park. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are two huge expanses of green with a lake, and you can see some of the best botanical gardens at Kew and RHS Wisley. The best views are from Primrose Hill, Greenwich Hill and Hampstead Heath.
Outdoor events this month
Here’s our guide to the best outdoor events taking place in London this February
• Spitalfields City Farm Spitalfields City Farm is a nice place to take your kids, but did you know that you can volunteer to help out on the farm?
• Hackney Marshes Hackney Marshes is the home of Sunday league football, with over 70 matches played between dozens of amateur teams.
• Primrose Hill Primrose Hill is a lot higher than it looks, and boasts one of the finest views of the London skyline from anywhere in the city.
• Parliament Hill Enjoy London's skyline from the top of Parliament Hill, which takes in the Gherkin, London Eye, St Paul's and Canary Wharf.
• Little Venice Have a nice walk around Little Venice, past all the pretty houseboats, and stop for a cup of tea in one of the nice cafes.
• Highgate Cemetery Have a guided tour around Highgate Cemetery, and enjoy one of the most atmospheric and historic cemeteries in London.
• Speakers’ Corner If you visit Speakers' Corner at Sunday lunchtime you can listen to an orator stand up and discuss whatever they like -- all in the name of free speech.
Outdoor events in March
Get a bit of fresh air this March with one of these outdoor events in London
to • St. James’s Park Have a nice, relaxing sit-down and doing a bit of people-watching in one of London's Royal parks, by hiring out a deckchair.
Outdoor events in April
Enjoy a bit of London sunshine with one of these outdoor events in April
to • Serpentine Spend a pleasant afternoon pedalling around in a little hire boat on the Serpentine, or catch the sun-powered SolarShuttle.
Outdoor events in May
Here are some May events takimg place in London’s parks and gardens
to • Royal Hospital The RHS Chelsea Flower Show is the gardening equivalent of Ascot, held in the grounds of Christopher Wren's Royal Hospital.
Outdoor events in June
Get yourself outdoors this June and attend one of these London events
to • Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre The Regent's Park Open Air Theatre is putting on a production of Benjamin Britten's chilling tale, 'The Turn of the Screw'.
More Outdoor events in 2018/19
Here are some interesting events in the future, for people who like to plan ahead
to • Buckingham Palace Why not combine a visit to the Buckingham Palace Summer Opening with a tour of the Queen's gardens as well?