- We recognise that privacy is important, so here is some information about the different cookies that you might come across whilst using London Drum.
Our cookies – what do they do?
- bb2_screener – This cookie is solely used for the security of the website and is not used for marketing purposes. The cookie, which expires at the end of your browser session, records your IP address and the time of your most recent visit. It is used to determine whether a request comes from a spammer who is rotating through different IP addresses.
- cityguide – This cookie is used when you create a trip itinerary, to keep track of which items you have added to it.
- oldcookie – This cookie is used when you create a trip itinerary, to keep track of the original items in your list.
- beenhere – This cookie is used to keep track of which places you have already visited, when you click the ‘Have you been?’ button.
- frm – This cookie is used to keep track of whether you have visited the forum.
- londondrum_forum – There is a series of cookies containing this name, all of which are used on the forum. They are designed to increase its ease of use. For example, they will keep track of which topics you have read or contributed to (so you don’t have to keep searching for them).
- londondrum_forum_poll – There is a series of cookies containing this name, all of which are used on the forum. They keep track of which polls you have already voted in.
- frmloggedin – This cookie is used throughout the site, to keep track of whether you are logged into the forum. This is because we display a bar at the top of most pages for logged-in members, containing links to your forum settings, messages and posts.
- frmloggedinnum – This cookie keeps track of your membership number on the forum.
- current_score – This cookie is used on the quiz page, to keep track of your current score.
- highest_score – This cookie is used on the quiz page, to keep track of your highest score.
- questions_remaining – This cookie is used on the quiz page, to keep track of which questions you have already seen.
- treasure_hunt – This cookie is used on the treasure hunt page, to keep track of which clue you have reached.
Third party cookies
- We use outside advertising companies to display ads on London Drum. These ads may deposit cookies on your computer which are collected by the ad company. We do not have access to the information stored in these cookies, but they may contain details such as your IP address, your ISP, which browser you are using, and whether you have technologies like Flash installed. This information can be used to tailor the ads (to only show Flash ads to people with Flash installed, for example) and for geo-targeting purposes (to show London-based ads to someone living London). You can chose to disable or selectively turn off these cookies in your browser settings.
Follow Drummerboy’s trip around London, as he
visits every attractionLondon Drummerboy’s blog
Pick of the best shows coming up in London…