St Lawrence Jewry
Facts and information
St. Lawrence Jewry
- St. Lawrence Jewry, Gresham Street, near the Guildhall, The City,
London EC2V 5AA
- Work +44 (0) 207 600 9478
- Find car parks near St. Lawrence Jewry, or car parks in The City
- Find minicab and taxi firms near St. Lawrence Jewry
- 4, 8, 15, 17, 21, 25, 43, 56, 76, 100, 133, 141, 153, 176, 211, 242, 243, 271, 388, 521
- How much is the bus fare?
- Bank CNT DLR NRN W&C, Cannon Street CRC DSC, Mansion House CRC DSC, Moorgate CRC H&C MET NRN, St. Paul’s CNT
- Note: The nearest train station to St. Lawrence Jewry is Bank
- How much is the train fare?
St. Lawrence Jewry church sits opposite the Guildhall in the old Jewish quarter of the City – the chief street of which is situated south: Old Jewry.
The church was designed by Christopher Wren in 1670 – after the original 13th-century building was burnt to the ground in the Great Fire of London. It suffered further damage during the Blitz, and was restored by Cecil Brown.
Its proximity to the seat of municipal government has made it the official church of the Corporation of London. Both the Lord Mayor and alderman have their own designated pews.
Buy an Oyster Card – for the easiest and cheapest fares
Save money – Get the cheapest fares on the London’s buses and trains
Special offers – Buy a ‘Visitor Oyster card’ and enjoy extra discounts
Quick and easy – Just touch your card down on the reader, and go!