St Dunstan in the West
Inside St. Dunstan-in-the-West
- St. Dunstan-in-the-West map
- St. Dunstan-in-the-West, 186a Fleet Street, The City EC4A 2HR
- Work 0207 405 1929
Getting to St. Dunstan-in-the-West
- Find car parks near St. Dunstan-in-the-West
- Find minicab firms near St. Dunstan-in-the-West
- 4, 11, 15, 23, 26, 76, 172, 341
- London bus fares
- Blackfriars CRC DSC, Chancery Lane CNT, Temple CRC DSC
- The nearest train station to St. Dunstan-in-the-West is Temple
- London underground fares
St. Dunstan’s church is just 180 years old, but an earlier version dates from the 12th-century. It survived everything that history could throw at it, including riots, fires and the Great Fire of London, but had become so dilapidated by the 1820s that it was demolished during the widening of Fleet Street.
The so-called Giant’s Clock is named after the two giants who strike the bell every fifteen minutes. It even got a mention in Charles Dickens’ Barnaby Rudge.
- Be the first person to ask a question