St. Andrew Holborn
St Andrew Holborn
- St. Andrew Holborn map
- St. Andrew Holborn, 5 St. Andrew Street, Holborn EC4A 3AB
- Work 0207 583 7394
Getting to St. Andrew Holborn
- Find car parks near St. Andrew Holborn
- Find minicab firms near St. Andrew Holborn
- 8, 17, 25, 45, 46, 242, 341, 521
- London bus fares
- Blackfriars CRC DSC, Chancery Lane CNT, Farringdon CRC H&C MET
- London underground fares
Did you know… Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli was christened in the church.
St. Andrew Holborn is the largest parish church built by Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of London.
It was erected between 1684 and 1690, on the site of an old Christian chapel dating back to 950.
When the Holborn viaduct was built in 1896 the churchyard was lost, and the German bombs of the Blitz nearly finished it off. But restoration after the war has left it near to its original condition.
You might like our guide to religious events in London, where you can look up services today, tomorrow and at the weekend. We also have a guide to religious events in October, November and December