- Shaftesbury Avenue map location
Shaftesbury Avenue address
- Shaftesbury Avenue
How to get to Shaftesbury Avenue
- Find car parks near Shaftesbury Avenue
- Find minicab firms near Shaftesbury Avenue
- 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 23, 24, 29, 38, 88, 94, 134, 139, 159, 177, 243, 453
- Bus fares in London
- Covent Garden PCL, Leicester Square NRN PCL, Piccadilly Circus BKL PCL, Tottenham Court Road CNT NRN
- The nearest train station to Shaftesbury Avenue is Piccadilly Circus
- Train fares in London
Shaftesbury Avenue is in the heart of London’s West End theatre district. It was built in the 1880s and soon attracted a large number of theatres.
The Lyric was the first, in 1888, followed by the Palace (1891), the Apollo (1901), the Globe (1906), the Queen’s (1907), the Shaftesbury (1911) and Saville (1931).
- Guest – “Is it true that cat stevens grew up in shaftesbury avenue and is so what I’d the address?”
- Admin – “He was born in a restaurant called moulin rouge at 245 shaftesbury avenue. It's not there anymore, though. But I think it's still a restaurant.”
You can find more shows in our London theatre guide. Look for West End shows today, tomorrow and at the weekend, or see what’s playing this October, November and December