- Russell Square map location
Russell Square address
- Russell Square, Bloomsbury
How to get to Russell Square
- Find car parks near Russell Square
- Find minicab firms near Russell Square
- 1, 7, 8, 10, 14, 19, 24, 25, 29, 38, 55, 59, 68, 73, 91, 98, 134, 168, 189, 243, 390, X68
- Bus fares in London
- Holborn CNT PCL, Russell Square PCL, Tottenham Court Road CNT NRN
- The nearest train station to Russell Square is Russell Square
- Train fares in London
Russell Square is the largest residential square in London, and sits close to the British Museum in Bloomsbury.
It was laid out by Humphrey Repton in 1800, and given the family name of the Duke of Bedford. James Burton designed many of the original houses around the edge, but those on the north and south have been heavily amended, and the ones on the east were demolished altogether to make way for the Russell Hotel.
- Sir Samuel Romilly – 21 Russell Square
- “Here lived Samuel Romilly, law reformer. Born 1757. Died 1818.”
- T. S. Eliot – 24 Russell Square
- “Poet and publisher, worked here for Faber & Faber.”
- Be the first person to ask a question
If you enjoy this then try: Bedford Square (you can walk it in 6 mins); Belgrave Square (catch the tube from Russell Square to Belgrave Square); Berkeley Square (walk it in 24 mins or catch a train from Russell Square to Berkeley Square); Grosvenor Square (walk it in 28 mins or catch a train from Russell Square to Grosvenor Square) and St. James’s Square (walk it in 22 mins or catch a train from Russell Square to St. James’s Square).