Old Curiosity Shop
- Old Curiosity Shop map
- Old Curiosity Shop , 13– 14 Portsmouth Street, Holborn WC2A 2ES
- Work 0207 405 9891
Getting to Old Curiosity Shop
- Find car parks near Old Curiosity Shop
- Find minicab firms near Old Curiosity Shop
- 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 25, 26, 59, 68, 76, 87, 91, 98, 168, 172, 176, 189, 243, 253, 341, 521, RV1, X68
- London bus fares
- Chancery Lane CNT, Covent Garden PCL, Holborn CNT PCL, Temple CRC DSC
- The nearest train station to Old Curiosity Shop is Holborn
- London underground fares
The Old Curiosity Shop is a tiny little books, bits and bobs store near Lincoln’s Inn.
It’s undoubted olde-worlde charm is somewhat tempered by the surrounding concrete office blocks.
It was built in 1567 and claims to be the oldest shop in London, but gained its fame from posing as the home of Little Nell in Charles Dickens’ Old Curiosity Shop. It is doubtful, however, that Dickens had that premises in mind when he wrote it.
- Be the first person to write a review, or ask a question