- National Theatre map
Free tour of National Theatre London Pass could save you ££££’s
- National Theatre , Southbank SE1 9PX
- Work 0207 452 3400
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- Box office: 9.30 AM to 8 PM (Mon–Sat)
- Visiting hours are subject to change
Getting to National Theatre
- Find car parks near National Theatre
- Find minicab firms near National Theatre
- 1, 4, 26, 59, 68, 76, 139, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 243, 341, 521, X68
- London bus fares
- Embankment BKL CRC DSC NRN, Temple CRC DSC, Waterloo BKL JUB NRN W&C
- The nearest train station to National Theatre is Waterloo
- London underground fares
See all theatre shows in London
The National Theatre is part of the Southbank Centre complex. It was built in 1976 and received a £40 million pound refit in the 1990s.
It houses shows in three different auditoria: the Cottesloe, Lyttelton and Olivier – named after their first artistic director, Sir Laurence Olivier.
|Awful 14% ||Poor 0% ||Okay 29% ||Good 43% ||Great 14% |
- glenking – “The national is the best place to see shakespeare in London. Ive been to a few at the donmar with big names like jude law, but the national seems to stick to the script pretty well. Sometimes they put on updated versions ( I saw one that was set in new york), but you cant beat the originals. Everyone has to go to the globe theatre at least once, just to see what it is like, but once youve watched a play standing up in the open air then, trust me, the Novel… more”
If you enjoy this then try: Donmar Warehouse (walk it in 16 mins or catch a train from Waterloo to Donmar Warehouse); Globe Theatre (walk it in 16 mins or catch a train from Waterloo to Globe Theatre); Old Vic (you can walk it 10 mins); Southbank Centre (you can walk it in less than 3 mins) and Trafalgar Studios (walk it in 12 mins or catch a train from Waterloo to Trafalgar Studios).