- Leadenhall Market map
- Leadenhall Market , Entrances off Gracechurch Street, Lime Street, Leadenhall Place and Whittington Avenue, The City EC3V 1LR
- Work 0207 332 1523
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- Shops are usually open from 10 AM to 6 PM (Mon-Fri), but you can walk through the market 24-hours a day
- Visiting hours are subject to change
- Time required:
- A typical visit to Leadenhall Market lasts 5 mins (but more if you plan to stop and eat) (approx)
Getting to Leadenhall Market
- Find car parks near Leadenhall Market
- Find minicab firms near Leadenhall Market
- 25, 35, 40, 47, 48, 149, 344
- London bus fares
- Aldgate CRC MET, Bank CNT DLR NRN W&C, Cannon Street CRC DSC, Monument CRC DSC, Tower Hill CRC DSC
- The nearest train station to Leadenhall Market is Bank
- London underground fares
Leadenhall Market is an old Victorian food-hall dating back to medieval times. Its iron and glass exterior is dimly lit inside, and looks for all the world like a slice of Dickens.
It now contains a fine set of restaurants and a selection of fish, meat, cheese and poultry stores… with wine and chocolate shops if you’re feeling naughty.
|Awful 0% ||Poor 0% ||Okay 0% ||Good 83% ||Great 17% |
- SarahCroft – “What a beuatiful place to shop. It is hard to describe it in a way that will do it justice. When you walk inside it is like being transported back in time, with beautiful fixtures and old fashioned shop fronts. I like to think of misty shop windows in charles dickens Novels, where little children rub away the condensation with the palms of the hands so they can see the sweets inside. If you can picture that, then you will have an inkling as to what leadenhall market is like. Go and visit!.”
- queenie – “Not really a market, more like a very posh shopping arcade. I use it as a shortcut to the other side, because it is an absolutely beautiful place to walk though, it is like something in the movies. I think they filmed a bit of harry potter in there.”
If you enjoy this then try: Burlington Arcade (catch the tube from Bank to Burlington Arcade); The City (you can walk it in 6 mins) and Royal Exchange (you can walk it in 4 mins).