- Leadenhall Market map
- Leadenhall Market , Entrances off Gracechurch Street, Lime Street, Leadenhall Place and Whittington Avenue, The City EC3V 1LR
- Work 0207 332 1523
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- Shops are usually open from 10 AM to 6 PM (Mon-Fri), but you can walk through the market 24-hours a day
- Visiting hours are subject to change
- Time required:
- A typical visit to Leadenhall Market lasts 5 mins (but more if you plan to stop and eat) (approx)
Getting to Leadenhall Market
- Find car parks near Leadenhall Market
- Find minicab firms near Leadenhall Market
- 25, 35, 40, 47, 48, 149, 344
- London bus fares
- Aldgate CRC MET, Bank CNT DLR NRN W&C, Cannon Street CRC DSC, Monument CRC DSC, Tower Hill CRC DSC
- The nearest train station to Leadenhall Market is Bank
- London underground fares
Leadenhall Market is an old Victorian food-hall dating back to medieval times. Its iron and glass exterior is dimly lit inside, and looks for all the world like a slice of Dickens.
It now contains a fine set of restaurants and a selection of fish, meat, cheese and poultry stores… with wine and chocolate shops if you’re feeling naughty.
|Awful 0% ||Poor 0% ||Okay 0% ||Good 83% ||Great 17% |
- queenie – “Not really a market, more like a very posh shopping arcade. I use it as a shortcut to the other side, because it is an absolutely beautiful place to walk though, it is like something in the movies. I think they filmed a bit of harry potter in there.… more”
If you enjoy this then try: Burlington Arcade (catch the tube from Bank to Burlington Arcade); The City (you can walk it in 6 mins) and Royal Exchange (you can walk it in 4 mins).