Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA)
Facts and information
- Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA), The Mall,
London SW1Y 5AH
- Opening times:
- Galleries (during exhibitions): noon to 7 PM (Wed, Fri–Sun), noon to 9 PM (Thu)
- Note: Opening times are subject to change, and may not apply on public holidays. Always reconfirm with the venue before making plans.
- Work +44 (0) 207 930 0493
- 3 6 9 11 12 13 15 22 23 24 29 53 87 88 91 94 139 159 177 453
- Charing Cross BKL NRN, Embankment BKL CRC DSC NRN, Leicester Square NRN PCL, Piccadilly Circus BKL PCL, Westminster CRC DSC JUBNote: The nearest train station to Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) is Charing Cross. We can help you find the best route from King’s Cross, Paddington, Victoria, Waterloo and any other train station:
The Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) occupies a prestigious building in Carlton House Terrace, close to Admiralty Arch and The Mall. It was founded by the art critic and historian Herbert Reed.
It showcases a broad range of works, from contemporary films and art-house movies, to exhibitions of avant-garde art. Due to the ICA’s cutting-edge nature, a lot of the work will either be described as genius, or derided as junk – depending on your point of view.
There are also a number of talks and dance productions.