Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA)
London art galleries
- Institute of Contemporary Arts map
- Institute of Contemporary Arts, The Mall SW1Y 5AH
- Work 0207 930 0493
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- Galleries (during exhibitions): noon to 7 PM (Wed, Fri–Sun), noon to 9 PM (Thu)
- Visiting hours are subject to change
Getting to Institute of Contemporary Arts
- Find car parks near Institute of Contemporary Arts
- Find minicab firms near Institute of Contemporary Arts
- 3, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 23, 24, 29, 38, 77a, 88, 91, 139, 159, 176
- London bus fares
- Charing Cross BKL NRN, Embankment BKL CRC DSC NRN, Leicester Square NRN PCL, Piccadilly Circus BKL PCL
- The nearest train station to Institute of Contemporary Arts is Charing Cross
- London underground fares
The Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) occupies a prestigious building in Carlton House Terrace, close to Admiralty Arch and The Mall. It was founded by the art critic and historian Herbert Reed.
It showcases a broad range of works, from contemporary films and art-house movies, to exhibitions of avant-garde art. Due to the ICA’s cutting-edge nature, a lot of the work will either be described as genius, or derided as junk – depending on your point of view.
There are also a number of talks and dance productions.
- Be the first person to ask a question
Check out our complete list of art exhibitions in London where you can find exhibitions today, tomorrow and at the weekend. We also have a list of art exhibitions in September, October and November
If you enjoy this then try: BFI Southbank (walk it in 14 mins or catch a train from Charing Cross to BFI Southbank); Hayward Gallery (walk it in 14 mins or catch a train from Charing Cross to Hayward Gallery); Saatchi Gallery (catch the tube from Charing Cross to Saatchi Gallery) and Serpentine Gallery (catch the tube from Charing Cross to Serpentine Gallery).