Hatchards bookshop, London
- Hatchards map
- Hatchards, 187 Piccadilly W1J 9LE
- Work 0207 439 9921
Getting to Hatchards
- Find car parks near Hatchards
- Find minicab firms near Hatchards
- 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15,19, 22, 23, 88, 94, 138, 139, 159
- London bus fares
- Green Park JUB PCL VIC, Piccadilly Circus BKL PCL
- The nearest train station to Hatchards is Piccadilly Circus
- London underground fares
Hatchards was opened by John Hatchard in 1797 and is London’s oldest bookshop. It moved to its present position in Piccadilly in 1801.
Famous customers have included William Gladstone, Oscar Wilde and the Duke of Wellington.
If you enjoy this then try: British Library (catch the tube from Piccadilly Circus to British Library); Foyles (walk it in 12 mins or catch a train from Piccadilly Circus to Foyles) and Waterstone’s (you can walk it in less than 2 mins).