- Gerrard Street map location
Gerrard Street address
- Gerrard Street, Chinatown, Soho
How to get to Gerrard Street
- Find car parks near Gerrard Street
- Find minicab firms near Gerrard Street
- 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 23, 24, 29, 38, 88, 94, 134, 139, 159, 177, 243, 453
- Bus fares in London
- Charing Cross BKL NRN, Covent Garden PCL, Leicester Square NRN PCL, Piccadilly Circus BKL PCL, Tottenham Court Road CNT NRN
- The nearest train station to Gerrard Street is Leicester Square
- Train fares in London
Gerrard Street in London’s Soho is in the heart of Chinatown. It is filled with red lanterns, dragons and Mandarin street signs, and chock-a-block full of Chinese restaurants.
It is particularly busy during the weekend, when the local Chinese community flock to the shops to stock up on foodstuffs, not readily available elsewhere.
Chinese New Year
The most colourful time to visit Gerrard Street is at the end of January/early February, during the Chinese New Year. Huge papier-mâché dragons dance through the streets with fire-crackers banging on the pavement.
- Edmund Burke – 37 Gerrard Street
- “Author and statesman, lived here.”
- John Dryden – 43 Gerrard Street
- “Poet, lived here.”
If you enjoy this then try: Chinatown (you can walk there in less than 1 min); Leicester Square (you can walk it in less than 3 mins) and Soho (you can walk it in 6 mins).