Facts and information
- Carnaby Street,
- Find car parks near Carnaby Street
- Find minicab and taxi firms near Carnaby Street
- 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 23, 25, 55, 73, 88, 94, 98, 139, 159, 176, 390, 453
- How much is the bus fare?
- Oxford Circus BKL CNT VIC, Piccadilly Circus BKL PCL
- Note: The nearest train station to Carnaby Street is Oxford Circus
- How much is the train fare?
You can watch all of our London videos and subscribe at our YouTube channel
The Carnaby Street that we know today started life in 1957 when John Stephen opened up a men’s clothing boutique. It soon attracted like-minded businesses, and within a decade the street was full of fashionable shops selling outrageous outfits.
It gained world fame in the Swinging Sixties, when Carnaby Street and led the world in fashion.
- parloman – “yeah anyone who is expecting Austin Powers to run down it with a big brass band are going to be disappointed…”
- bobby – “i was very disappointed with Carnaby Street. Maybe it was good once, in the 1960s, but now it is just the same as any other street with the same kind of shops which you would never normally go in. it's nice to take a detour just to see what its like, and to say that you've been there, because its n…”
> Read the rest, or talk about Carnaby Street
If you like Carnaby Street, then you might also like…
Buy a London Pass – and save money at London attractions
Save money – Get free or discounted entry into over 50 top attractions
Jump the queues – Get ‘Fast Track’ entry at lots of popular attractions
1-3 day Travelcard – Easy way to pay for London’s buses and trains