- Camden Markets map
- Camden Markets, Camden NW1
Opening times and price
- Opening hours:
- Camden Market: 10 AM to 5.30 PM; Camden Lock Market: 10 AM to 6 PM; Camden Canal Market: 10 AM to 6 PM (Sat, Sun); Stables Market: from 10 AM
- Visiting hours are subject to change
Getting to Camden Markets
- Find car parks near Camden Markets
- Find minicab firms near Camden Markets
- 24, 27, 31, 46, 88, 134, 168, 242, 274, C2
- London bus fares
- Camden Town NRN
- The closest train station to Camden Markets is Camden Town
- London underground fares
Camden’s markets are on a par with Notting Hill’s Portobello Road for popularity, attracting over 10 million visitors a year. They spread out between Chalk Farm Road and Camden High Street, taking in Camden Lock along the way.
Try and go on Sunday if you can as all the individual markets will be open – although they do tend to get busy (and that’s an understatement).
They focus mainly on cheap commercial goods – which some people would describe as tat.
- ronette – “You should definitely try camden market. I like to go there just for a browse sometimes, you dont have to spend anything. It is really nice with the lock and narrow boats, and stables market. You should definitely go to stables market because it is like no market you have ever seen. Its is very dark and atmospheric with massive horse statues and sawdust on the floor. It is difficult to explain what it is like inside if you havent been there. And then when we have finished at the market for the day I walk back along regents canal, which goes from the lock in camden all the way past London zoo, right throuygh the middle of it, and you can even see some of the animals up above you.”
- sarahg – “Camden market has got a great vibe and I love it! But you have to avoid the whole bit where you just get all the same kind of stalls selling those 'my sister went to London and all I got was this lousy t-shrt' t-shirts and other tourist tat. Go further up the road (away from the tube station) and there's some great stalls selling homemade and original stuff.”
If you enjoy this then try: Camden Lock (you can walk it in less than 2 mins); Camden Town (you can walk it in 6 mins); Covent Garden (catch the tube from Camden Town to Covent Garden) and Spitalfields Market (catch the tube from Camden Town to Spitalfields Market).