- Brick Lane map location
Brick Lane address
- Brick Lane, Whitechapel E1 6PU
How to get to Brick Lane
- Find car parks near Brick Lane
- Find minicab firms near Brick Lane
- 8, 26, 35, 43, 47, 48, 67, 78, 149, 242
- Bus fares in London
- Aldgate CRC MET, Aldgate East DSC H&C, Shoreditch High Street OVR
- The nearest train station to Brick Lane is Aldgate East
- Train fares in London
Brick Lane’s name was derived from brick making, but these days it has been transformed into the Chinatown of the sub-continent. This is where the Bangladeshi community live, and it is filled with curry houses’ sounds and smells. Even the street signs are written in Bengali.
The street is great for two things – Bengali fashions and Balti houses. Some of the finest Indian restaurants in LOndon can be found here. Or if your stomach can’t take it, try the world famous bagel shop at No. 159 – it stays open for 24-hours a day.
Brick Lane market
The Sunday market sells cakes, fish and oriental spices.
Here is a list of some of London’s other popular markets:
Popular street markets in London
|Location||Wares||Days of the week|
|Brick Lane||Flea market||Sun
|Columbia Road||Flowers, plants and garden equipment||Sun
|Greenwich||Antiques, bric-a-brac, clothes and food||Sat–Sun
|Spitalfields||Organic foods, gifts, crafts and clothes||All but Sat
- Guest – “Ok thank you. We are planning a visit to London, its all new to us. What is the dlr? Sorry to be a pain but ill be with children so want to make sure I know everything. Also is it expensive? Thank you so much.”
- Admin – “It's not a lot different to the tube -- it's an automated train that runs above ground. It takes the place of the tube in the area around greenwich and docklands. You can still use all the normal Oyster cards and travelcards on it. The prices depend on how you pay and which zone you're travelling in. Greenwich is in zone 2. Aldgate is in zone 1 --.londondrum.com/transport/train-fares-ticket-prices.php.”
If you enjoy this then try: Leather Lane; Petticoat Lane (you can walk it in 7 mins) and Whitechapel (you can walk it 10 mins).