221b Baker Street
- Baker Street map location
Baker Street address
- Baker Street, Marylebone NW1
How to get to Baker Street
- Find car parks near Baker Street
- Find minicab firms near Baker Street
- 2, 13, 30, 74, 82, 113, 139, 190, 274, 453
- Bus fares in London
- Baker Street BKL CRC H&C JUB MET, Marylebone BKL
- The nearest train station to Baker Street is Baker Street
- Train fares in London
Baker Street runs the ¾ mile between Regent’s Park and Oxford Street.
The southern half is largely commercialised with shops and offices, but the northern part still retains some of its original 18th-century character. It even became fashionable for a time, with Prime Minister Pitt living at No. 120.
221b Baker Street, and Sherlock Holmes
221b Baker Street is home to the world’s most famous fictional detective – Sherlock Holmes. The room that he supposedly occupied now houses a branch of Abbey National, so the Sherlock Holmes Museum is situated a few doors down at 239.
- William Pitt the Younger – 120 Baker Street
- “Prime Minister, lived here 1803–1804.”
- Viscardo Y. Guzman – 185 Baker Street
- “Peruvian essayist and herald of South American independence, lived and died here.”
- Be the first person to ask a question
If you enjoy this then try: Marylebone (you can walk there in less than 1 min); Oxford Street (walk it in 12 mins or catch a train from Baker Street to Oxford Street); Regent Street (walk it in 22 mins or catch a train from Baker Street to Regent Street) and Sherlock Holmes Museum (you can walk it in 6 mins).